Mumbai/ Bombay Climate & Temperature
- Mumbai/ Bombay, India is at 18°53'N, 72°48'E, 11 m (35 ft). See map.
- Mumbai/ Bombay has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate (Köppen-Geiger classification: Aw) with a pronounced dry season in the low-sun months , no cold season, wet season is in the high-sun months.
- The mean temperature is 27.5 degrees Celsius (81.5 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 5.7 °C (10.3°F). This indicates that the continentality type is hyperoceanic, subtype truly hyperoceanic.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 2168 mm (85.4 inches) which is equivalent to 2168 Litres/m² (53.18 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2680 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Mumbai/ Bombay you would come out nearest to the climate station at Rapa Nui, Easter Island where you would find a Tropical wet climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Mumbai/ Bombay, India Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Kota, India - 762 kms (473.5 miles) NNE
- Sagar, India - 824.6 kms (512.4 miles) NE
- Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India - 525.6 kms (326.6 miles) NE
- Nagpur/ Sonegaon, India - 695.7 kms (432.3 miles) ENE
- Akola, India - 484.4 kms (301 miles) ENE
- Pune, India - 116.2 kms (72.2 miles) ESE
- Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India - 618.3 kms (384.2 miles) ESE
- Belgaum (Sambre), India - 389.2 kms (241.9 miles) SSE
- Goa, India - 394.5 kms (245.1 miles) SSE
- Bangalore, India - 833.5 kms (518 miles) SE
- Mangalore, Karnataka, India - 705.2 kms (438.2 miles) SSE